Thanks for stopping by, I am Hollie! Before anything else I am a Christian, mom to my two amazing children and Baby #3 on the way, and wife to my hard-working devoted husband of 6.5 years.
I am a NASM certified Personal Trainer and AFAA group exercise instructor. Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, personal trainer and blogger, I spent 7 years in the public school system as a special education teacher, fifth grade teacher, pre-k teacher and curriculum coach. I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in elementary and special education as well as a Masters Degree in School Administration.
I grew up active and loving fitness. I have been an athlete all my life. My mom is a group fitness instructor and I remember practicing with her when I was a little girl. Despite living in a fit and healthy home, I went off to college, stopped playing sports and indulged in too much late night pizza, beer, chips and queso. After that I had to find my fitness.
My lifestyle has evolved over the years. I no longer fit into one fitness category: I just like fitness of all kinds. I enjoy running and training for races; I love to lift weights and the challenge of a crossfit-type workout; and teaching group exercises. I believe in finding your fit- and I want you to find yours!
In our home we eat. We strive for a balanced lifestyle and nothing is off limits. I strive to provide healthy, well-balanced meals with whole foods for my family and understand that sometimes we are going to have a cookie for dessert or maybe even popcorn for dinner. 80% of the time we eat real, whole food. The other 20% of the time we eat the fun food that comes with enjoying life.
As a personal trainer & group exercise instructor, I teach and inspire others to make themselves and their fitness a priority. As a mother, I encourage my kids to be active and move because I know it will set them up for a healthy, confident life. As a woman, I do the same for myself: I lift more than my kids because it helps me physically and mentally be the best mom and wife I can be.