Going out for pizza or a quick, easy dinner seems to be the weekend ritual for most families. In both of our houses, grilled pizzas have turned into our weekend ritual. Just like going out, these are quick and easy. We know it is not the healthiest meal of the week, but it sure beats the pizza at your favorite joint. Plus, YOU are in control of the serving sizes of all your toppings and can choose the crust. It is also a fun way to involve your kids in the kitchen- they will love topping their own pizzas and you may have a better chance of getting them to even sneak some veggies on that pizza.
Simply brush crust of choice with olive oil, place on grill for 3-5 minutes. Remove from grill & top with your favorite toppings & then place the pizza(s) back on the grill long enough for the cheese to melt. Enjoy!
- Magherita: olive oil as the sauce, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil & mozzarella
- Pesto as the sauce, sun dried tomato & mozzarella
- Pizza sauce, turkey sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, grilled sweet peppers, fresh basil & fresh mozzarella
- BBQ: BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, red/green peppers & colby jack cheese
- Veggie: pizza sauce & all of your fave veggies (black olives, peppers, tomatoes (seeded), onions, etc.)
- Greek: pizza sauce, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts & feta
- The Fresh Market Panini Bread: This is Jamie’s family’s choice of bread. You can find it in the bakery section with the fresh baguettes & look like individual pizza’s. For $2.99 they are a STEAL- head to your local TFM.
- NAAN Panini Bread: Hollie’s family have tried two different bread and this one seems to be the winner. It can be found at any local grocery store and usually near the deli.
- Flatout Flatbread: Another option that has been tried is the Flatout Flatbread. This option give you more crusts in a package and also a thinner crust. I would recommend cooking this for less time as it tends to curl up on the sides. Can be found at most grocery stores most likely in the deli section.
Try out these Grilled Pizzas and tell us what you think!
What is your favorite weekend go-to meal?
What is your favorite pizza combination?