Little Munchkin, M
This third month flew by and what a happy, easy-going three month old we have! M is such a good baby and I am loving every minute I have with him. He is constantly smiling and gets a big grin every time he hears my voice. He is cooing up a storm and we can even get a few giggles out of him from time to time.
Many people strongly dislike me when I say this, but he is sleeping 9-10 hours a night. Josh and I have been so blessed with really good sleepers. He is a great nurser: fast and efficient. He doesn’t love tummy time, but is improving. He might be a thumb sucker and I am not sure how I feel about that one. We are really looking forward to celebrating our first Christmas as a family of 4- what a blessing it is!
My pre-pregnancy weight: 129
My healthy, comfortable weight: 130-133
My weight at 40 & 4 days weeks: 174
My weight 1 week postpartum: 161
My weight 2 weeks postpartum: 155
My weight 1 month postpartum: 149
My weight 2 months postpartum: 146
My weight 3 months postpartum: 142
Four pounds this month and three pounds last month. I would like to get five pounds off this next month, but I am not sure how realistic that is with the holidays. Sometimes when I weigh myself I get frustrated, but then I look back at how far I have come and I am proud. I also find it interesting because J and I have both agreed that my 142 pounds post baby this time looks a lot different than 142 pounds last time. I have more muscles tone and look much more fit this go around. Not to mention my fitness level is leaps and bounds ahead of where I was just 3 months after I had C.
My Fitness Level
I am still teaching four times a week at the gym and getting in my own lifting sessions and runs. This morning I worked out with a personal trainer and it was awesome. I feel I have a lot of fitness knowledge myself, but it is nice to have someone else tell you what to do, correct your form, and encourage you- I am usually the one doing this for others.
Running: I usually log one long-ish run per week at about an 8:30 minute pace and then one to two shorter, interval runs at an average of 8:00 pace. I set a goal to run a 10K at an 8:59 pace and ran it in 7:58. Here is my 10k Race Recap.
Strength: I am getting so much stronger and I love it! Today I did 7 reps of 95 pounds on the bench press. This is a 20 pound increase from last month. I also increased my strength in other areas that I tested myself with my Fit Test several weeks ago. I am still working on those pull-ups, but the trainer today showed me a new exercise that would help with them.
My Food Intake
My nutrition coach has increased my calories even more. Isn’t it crazy that I am eating more to lose weight? The best part about it is I am learning so much about food and what specific foods do for my body. The last two weeks I have been concentrating on nutrition timing: properly fueling my body pre and post workout. I am supposed to eat 25% of my daily carbs before my workout and 25% of my daily carbs after a workout- this is difficult. I have not had a perfect day yet, but I get better each day. I also have been having way too many sweets. I am pretty sure I have had at least two cookies every day since Thanksgiving.
Review of Last Month’s Goals
- Dessert or sweets only 1-2x per week- Ultimate fail.
- Lift on my own 2 times per week- Yes!
- 5-6 workouts per week- Done!
- Eat more vegetables- Still needs work.
- Train and run 10k (average pace 8:59)- Blew this one out of the water! Ran a 10k at an average of 7:58!
- Piyo 1x per week (this is going to be the hardest for me)- didn’t even attempt this once
- Cut back sugar: allow desserts & treats on holiday celebration days and then only 2x per week. I have to be able to accomplish this goal.
- Lift heavy: I am keeping this a goal.
- Nutrition: concentrate on 50% of the day’s carbs before and after workout, more veggies and hitting my protein macros.
- Spring Half Marathon: I want to train and run a spring half marathon. Six months after I had C I ran a 1:56:36 half marathon, so at 6 months post M, I’d like to run a 1:49:59. My PR is a 1:43:38, but that was a very flat course and it was 1 year after I had C.